Wednesday, March 14, 2012

St. Patty’s Day…


***My blog has moved over to WordPress.com!  Follow the link http://www.sewsweetcottage.com/2012/03/st-pattys-day/and move on over with me!!***

A day celebrating good luck has never really been my thing, but I started thinking about how lucky I am to have great family and friends who are like family.  So why not celebrate!!!
My friend Marci is always pinning things on Pinterest that she wants me to sew and then I can’t get them out of my mind and I have to make them.  It is worse than any double-dog dare!!  UGH!!  But I can’t get too frustrated, because she’s the one who gave me the courage to start a blog—so I guess I’ll let her keep pinning stuff for me to make!!
So her latest pin for me to make was a St. Patrick’s Day banner made out of burlap and felt.  I was inspired by the burlap!  I cut out burlap backgrounds first, made up a quick pattern of a shamrock and cut it out of teal striped fabric, ironed it on to the burlap, and the sewed the lace to the burlap and twine at the same time.  It only took 30 minutes from start to finish—that’s my kind of project!
And here’s my super simple St. Patty’s Day banner.
038
032
Now every time I look at my banner I think of how lucky I am to have great friends in my life!!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day on Saturday!! 
Thanks Marci!!

I am linking to the following parties!
Ladybird Ln I Heart Nap Time Keeping It Simple Raising Oranges Making A Diamond in the Stuff Pincushion Creations A Crafty Soiree Fine Craft Guild mop it up mondays Creative Itch Photobucket It's OVerflowing Whipperberry Somewhat Simple HookingupwithHoH Sew Happy Geek The Taylor House Design Dazzle wednesday's wowzers One Artsy Mama Goings on in Texas I'm Topsy Turvy Skip To My Lou
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Way cute banner, I love the scalloped top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT. It's even cuter than the one I pinned for you. This post made me smile. :) AND you better believe I'll keep sending you projects to do. HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for visiting me! I love your banner...so cute! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute banner and mantel! Thanks for sharing with us! Hope you will join us again tonight!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments, I love hearing from you and I love new followers!